I am Myra Robinson, an Interfaith Chaplain and Soul Coach; ordained through the Chaplaincy Institute of Maine (ChIME) in June 2016, and I Love my job!
- I am also an Artist, Author, Musician, Poet, and Singer/ Songwriter
- I facilitate Workshops & officiate Weddings, (among other things)
- I live and work in Southern Maine, New England, USA
Personal Mission Statement:
I embrace my power to let Spirit flow from the music of my soul.
I beautify the world with my creativity and compassion.
I empower people to navigate life’s transitional moments and transformations toward their best possible outcome.
I am a channel for Grace and I make a difference.
Although I worked as a Medical Secretary before finding my calling (a ministry of music and motivation), I was always involved through the years with singing, and organizations that help people. Being ordained just stepped that up a notch and inspired me to form my own company. Here’s a bit of my history:
- Charter member, Voices in Harmony Community Chorus, 2001 to present
- President /Volunteer Coord. of non-profit, Saco Coffeehouse, 2002 – 2012
- Founder /Lead Singer-Songwriter of band, Bluezberry Jam, 2006 – 2017
- Charter member, Harbour Singers (end-of-life bedside sings), since 2007
- Musician of the Week, Ferry Beach Retreat & Conference Center 2015
- Minister of the Week, Ferry Beach Retreat & Conference Center 2016
- Mentored incarcerated women through My Sister’s Keeper, 2015 – 2017
- Minister of the Week, Ferry Beach Retreat & Conference Center 2017
- Respite Caregiver /Companion to the elderly, 2017 to present
- Guest Clergy (Sermons, Memorials, Rituals) & Soul Coach, 2016 – present
Facilitated Workshops & Classes Taught
I developed my workshop, and created opportunities to spread my message:
- AffirMantraTM Workshops all over N.E. from Ipswich, MA to Portland, ME
- Journal Writing as a Spiritual Practice (a 12-week course for women), Saco, ME
- Creative Songwriting Course, Adult Ed. Old Orchard Beach, ME
- How to be a Different Drummer (class), Saco, ME
- Coordinator of week-long “In the Company of Women” Conference, Saco, ME
Awards & Certificates
- Graduation Certificate & Ordination from 2 year ChIME program, 2016
- Wise Management of Grief Annual Seminar Certificates from 2014 to 2018
- Volunteer Appreciation Award from the Cumberland County Jail, in 2017
- Graduation Certificate from New Ventures Maine, 2018
ChIME Alumni Association
Interfaith Ministers of New Endland
Unitarian Universalist Association
Parliament of World’s Religions
~ “We must be the change we want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi